Table of Contents
Three times the Order of Lenin Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association named after VI Lenin (JSC “LOM O “) is a Russian company engaged in the production and sale of optomechanical and optoelectronic devices. An enterprise of the optical-mechanical industry of the Russian Empire, the USSR and Russia. The largest Soviet optical-mechanical production and design association.
The enterprise traces its history back to the optical plant built in 1914 on Chugunnaya Street in Petrograd by the Russian Joint-Stock Company of Optical and Mechanical Production, established on August 23 (September 5), 1913. The first director of the plant was A. L. Gershun. At the first stage of its activity, the plant produced devices for checking the sighting lines of guns, sights, stereo tubes, periscopes for artillery. In 1915, the plant employed about 300 people, in 1916 – about 900.
In September 1921 the enterprise became known as the State Optical Plant (GOZ). In 1924, the “Optical and Mechanical Production Trust” (TOMP) was formed, which included the State Optical Plant (Chugunnaya St., 20) and the State Workshops of Meteorological and Precision Instruments named after T. Evdokimov (19th line of V.O. , ten).
In 1923, the State Optical Plant developed the GOZ mobile projection apparatus using an incandescent lamp. This apparatus has found wide application in the cinematography of the countryside. In 1924, the plant created the first domestic stationary cinema projector “Rus”, using an arc lamp . In 1930, the serial production of the first Soviet mass amateur camera “Photocor # 1” was started.
On December 29, 1929, by the decision of the Council of Labor and Defense of the USSR, the TOMP was reorganized and it included the Izyumsky and Leningrad optical glass factories, as well as the Pavshinsky precision mechanics plant. This new association received the name “All-Union Trust of Optical and Mechanical Enterprises” (VTOMP). In 1930, VTOMP again changed its name to the All-Union Association of the Optical and Mechanical Industry (VOOMP). In the same 1930, the enterprise was renamed into the “State Optical and Mechanical Plant named after OGPU” (GOMZ). In the postwar period, in a number of documents the plant was also called “Plant No. 349 named after OGPU “and” PO Box 412 “.
Since 1962 it was transformed into the Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association (LOMO). By the time LOMO was created, it also included factories:
- “KINAP” (cinema equipment)
- “Progress” (military products – scopes, etc.)
- “Experimental Optical and Mechanical Plant” (“OOMZ”)
- Some other businesses
From 1962 to 1965, the enterprise was also called “LOOMP” (“Leningrad Association of Optical and Mechanical Enterprises”).
In 1993 LOMO was privatized and received the name OJSC LOMO, owned by more than 16 thousand shareholders. Today, LOMO OJSC employs about 3.5 thousand employees.
In October 2007, by order of the American company Luma Tech, the enterprise launched the production of ILLUMINA cine lenses designed in modern frames based on Soviet optics of the OKS series. Since the end of 2011, an improved series of cinema optics “ILLUMINA S35” has been produced.
- 1962-1986 – Panfilov, Mikhail Panfilovich
- 1986-1992 – Sergeev, Dmitry Vasilievich
- 1992-1997 – Klebanov, Ilya Iosifovich
- 1997-2005 – Kobitsky, Arkady Semyonovich
- 2005 – present in. – Aronov, Alexander Mikhailovich
- Ioannisiani, Bagrat Konstantinovich (1911-1985) – Hero of Socialist Labor (1977), designer of astronomical instruments.
- “Telescope BTA” is the world’s largest optical telescope from 1976 to 1993 (the mirror for “BTA” was manufactured at “LZOS”)
- ZTSh is the largest optical telescope in Eurasia and the third in the world at the time of construction (1960). At the moment, along with “ZTA” and “ROT-54 / 2.6”, the second largest optical telescope in the CIS
- “ZTA” – telescope of the Byurakan Astrophysical Observatory of the Academy of Sciences of Armenia (1976). At the moment, along with “ZTSh” and “ROT-54 / 2.6”, the second largest optical telescope in the CIS
- “RTT-150” (“AZT-22”, Russian-Turkish 1.5-m optical telescope)
- Telescopes series “AVR”, “AZT”
- Meridian circles, passage instruments, zenith telescopes, photographic zenith tubes, all together produced within the APM series
- Telescopes for amateur astronomers “Astele” with a diameter of 70 to 254 mm
- Cameras “LOMO” (“GOMZ”)
- universal measuring instruments (UIM-21, UIM-23, UIM-29 …)
- metallographic (METAM)
- medical / biological (BIOLAM, MIKMED-5, MIKMED-6)
- Automated spectrometers “SF-56” and “IKS-40”
- Cinema projectors series “23KPK”
- Cine lenses for professional cinematography. During the period from 1963 to 1992, more than 100 thousand lenses of the OKS series were manufactured.
- Optical system of the reconnaissance satellite of the species reconnaissance “Persona”
- Amateur filming devices “Aurora”, “Lantan”, “Neva”, “Lada”, “Sport”, “LOMO” (see. Amateur filming devices of the USSR).
- Amateur filming devices of the LOMO-Aurora family
- Optimometers (IKG-3, IKV-3)
- Photovoltaic systems MFS-7, MFS-8, DFS-51
Military and dual-use products
Photo: tank sight “Irtysh”.
The design bureau of special optical systems was engaged in the development of military and dual-purpose products in the structure of the enterprise. Below is a short list:
- Marine stereo range finders DM-6, DM-3
- Rangefinders DM-1.5, DM-3, DM-4, DM-8
- Pedestals DM-3, DM-4, PAU-22, RVP-1, VBK-1
- VMTs-2 central aiming sight
- Torpedo inclinometer
- Stabilized sighting post SVP
- Periscopes for submarines: commander periscopes (attack periscopes) PA-7.5, PA-8.5, PA-9, anti-aircraft periscopes, special periscopes PS-7, “S”, “D”, PAU-22, PER-27, PER- 166U
- Laser rangefinder-sight DVU-2
- Station of laser illumination of the radio-optical complex “Krona”
- Fire control systems
- Tank sights “Ob”, “Irtysh”
- Aviation sights
- Sights, optical-electronic and optical-mechanical devices for the Tunguska air defense missile system, the Shilka air defense system, the Strela-10 air defense system
- Electron-optical fuses: “Aist-2”, “Sokol-M”, “Bekas-2”
- Night vision devices (“Recon”, “Recon-2”, “Recon-3”, “Recon-4”, “ONV-1”, “Elf”, “Elf-1”)
- Optical sights (PE, “Mowgli”, “PO-1.5-4.5 × 20”, “PO-3.5”, “PO-3.5-2”, “PO-3-9 × 31”, “PO-4 × 31” , “PO-4-12 × 43”, “PO-6 × 36”)
- Homing heads for missiles of various classes, including the Strela-2 and Igla MANPADS, Krasnopol and Kitolov guided missiles;
- Fire control systems for ballistic missiles “Bulava”, RT-2PM “Topol”
- The guidance system of the complex of weapons of anti-missile and anti-space defense “Terra-3”
- Ultra-light mirror-lens objective for the OT-2 spacecraft
- Optical system “Karat” for satellites of view reconnaissance “Bars-M”, telescopes for satellites of optical-electronic reconnaissance “Araks”
Shares of shareholders in% to the authorized capital:
- For legal entities – 59.07%, including
- 18.74% – CJSC Baltic Financial Agency (nominal owner, represents the interests of Ekaterina Praskurina-Klebanova, daughter of I. I. Klebanov)
- 17.7% – Sputnik LLC
- 9.25% – AK “Aleria Ltd” (Cyprus)
- 7.81% – CJSC “Bosi-Trend” (General Director Aronov A.M.)
- For individuals – 15.93%, including
- 19.5% – Vasily Valentinovich Ilyichev
- 10.743% – A. M. Aronov
- 7.22% – for employees of JSC “LOMO”
- BTA telescope
- Telescope RTT-150
- Camera “Smena-8M”
- LOMO Compact-Automatic camera
- The LOMO Compact-Avtomat camera and the pictures taken with it contributed to the emergence of a new direction in photography – lomography.
- The bike known to the indigenous GOMZ members (GOMZ named after OGPU is the parent enterprise of LOMO since August 1962) – “OGospodiPomogiUdrat” and vice versa – “You will get away, I’ll catch your head.” That is why GOMZ LOMO developed.